Developing your own first game for Android: beggining
At first, in general there are following steps for it:
- Think about the idea of the game. For a first game I advise to start from something simple. For example: “Gem Miner”, “ConnecToo” or even “Tetris”.
- Create fun pictures and icons. It can be done via Microsoft Paint, but you can try another free editor: GIMP, “Paint.NET”, “AutoCAD Drawing View” and etc.
- Writing java code. Don’t worry, it is very easy to develop your first Android application with Google Android Studio.
- Pack java and your images from step 2 to one file: just zip directory with java+images to one file with extension “.apk”
- Send “.apk” to Android Market
All is simple! In my next post I will cover how to draw fun characters, then I will show the way for fast Android application development and finally it will be shown how to put your game to Google Android Market.